I received an unusually large number of good, straightforward suggestions for this update. I read and consider every suggestion I get, of course, but the simpler an idea is from a code standpoint, the more likely I am to implement it immediately. Don't hesitate to make sweeping requests, of course, but don't be surprised when I implement ideas like providing assignment preferences for Emotionally Bonded slaves more readily. This project is my first experience with getting public feedback in anything like this volume, and it's been an almost universally positive experience. Nothing is better than dreaming up ideas myself and seeing them come to life in the game, but to my surprise, it's also good fun to browse through suggestions and plug the best right in.
This update rebalances reputation decay again, this time by adding a hidden reputation floor for decay purposes. Only rep above the floor is considered for decay: therefore decay will not occur at all if the player's rep falls below it. The floor will rise naturally with good reputation, making no reputation gain worthless. Where early reputation bonuses, for example from events, were previously wiped out almost immediately by decay, they now serve to help raise the floor and thus reduce future decay. The floor starts at the player's initial reputation, taking the rep-boosting PC customization options from pathetic to very powerful. This comes from a suggestion by Boney M, which I am unhappy I didn't think of first.
On the subject of good community contributions, Ryllnyth was very helpful this week by submitting a number of bugfixes and balance suggestions in code form. The time I have to work on FC is fixed by real life commitments and other pursuits, so assistance of this kind directly increases the amount of new content I can add by cutting the time I spend on maintenance. Ryllnyth (and other crack contributors who have provided code) deserve general acclamation. I do have a couple of comments for those looking at the code. First, I work on FC using Twine (for now), meaning that line references and the like from the raw HTML are not useful. Second, the odd orphan numbers that sometimes appear in-game are artifacts of my debugging process that I've forgotten to remove: the game is displaying a value I was suspicious of and needed to verify while playtesting. Third, there is a small amount of code present that is intentionally inaccessible through normal gameplay, in most cases because it's not ready for public release yet. Finally, Twine isn't really meant for a management sim, and I'm self-taught, so there are some bizarre workarounds present; email me if you need an explanation.
- Added a universal rule set for insemination of fertile slaves, with options for PC or HG insemination if either is possible. Impregnations under this rule will appear in the end week report.
- This rule is not designed to prevent conception from other sources, but will usually beat other impregnation sources to the punch.
- Fertile slaves targeted by this rule, and Head Girls used as inseminatrices under this rule, will react variably based on their fetishes and other mental attributes.
- Renamed existing Huge Dildo and Huge Buttplug accessories to Large Dildo and Large Buttplug, respectively.
- Added new Huge Dildo and Huge Buttplug options, which stretch slaves to the maximum hole sizes added with the Industrial Dairy.
- Huge Dildo and Huge Buttplug options cannot be implemented unless the appropriate orifice is already loose.
- Added these accessories as Rules Assistant settings, which will apply the Large option until the hole is appropriately loosened, and then switch over to the Huge accessory.
- Added more elements to the Emotional Slut versus Emotionally Bonded fork, including sexual history: having had many sexual encounters increases the likelihood of a slave becoming an Emotional Slut.
- Changed the Devotion bonus for Emotional Sluts on public sexual duty to a small Devotion penalty if not performing public sexual duties.
- Emotionally Bonded slaves now enjoy servant assignments and do better at them.
- Emotional Sluts and Emotionally Bonded slaves now have strong preferences when choosing their own jobs.
- Slaves imported using New Game Plus will retain Emotional Slut and Emotionally Bonded statuses.
- Rebalanced reputational decay by allowing the previously fixed floor at which decay appears to slowly rise when reputation exceeds it.
- All reputational gains will contribute indirectly to raising this floor, even if decay wipes them out in the short term.
- The initial reputational decay floor is now set by starting reputation, which makes rep-boosting PC customization choices more powerful by defining a higher resting point for reputation.
- Medicine is now available as a career option: it reduces both surgery costs and health impacts.
- Each career option now offers a different minor bonus that can be applied to starting slaves.
- Eye color added to starting slave customization.
- When consent between slaves is not required, slaves on Restrictive release rules will no longer molest unwilling peers.
- Shaved hair will now stay shaved without incessant hairstyling.
- Mindbroken slaves will now lose their quirks and flaws, if any.
- Very low sex drive will prevent the development of attraction.
- Voices can now be restored using the organ farm.
- Nickname eligibility delayed until slaves have been with the PC for several weeks.
- Relative recruiting eligibility is now reset with New Game Plus for slaves who are imported without a relative.
- Descriptive expansions for some combinations of extreme attributes.
- Code consolidation.