It has been a year since the first public release of Free Cities.
This isn't where I expected FC to be a year ago. The game has gotten a lot more attention than I expected, and working on it turned out to be more fun than I could have imagined. As for definite plans for the future of FC, I intend to keep working on FC as long as I have the time to do so, as long as it's fun to do so, and as long as I feel that the game is improving. None of that looks like it'll be changing anytime soon. Thank you all for playing.
To celebrate the anniversary of FC's first public release, this update is one of the game's biggest. It integrates the recently added neighboring arcology system, the existing lategame rivalry event chain, and new content to confront the player with a challenge. It adds a popularly requested item, modern prosthetic limbs, which can make an amputee more than she ever was when she had natural arms and legs. It allows slaves with hypermassive breasts to leave the Dairy for a life of sedentary majesty elsewhere. Finally, it also integrates major contributions from FC's growing group of active modders, including CornCobMan's spectacular overhaul of the rules system.
Like previous updates that made significant expansions to what's possible for slaves in the game world, there will inevitably be instances of slaves with hypermassive tits or prosthetic limbs doing things that don't make sense. As usual, I did my best to catch these, but I'm sure many slipped past me. If you encounter one of these, please report it.
- Victory over the Daughters' coup attempt will now provide more than one slave.
- The Slave Shelter should now generate slaves with a complete set of flaws.
- Adding vibrating P-Limbs will now display the proper reaction scene.
- Incorporated continued RA improvements by CornCobMan, including support for slaves in facilities.
- Fixed a bug with Multiculturalism that was causing widespread issues with AI arcologies.
- Incorporated more collars by Anon.
- Fixed several dud personal training outcomes.
- Readded improperly omitted preg code.
- Provided hostage backstory for the Slaver career.
- Allowed vocal cord restoration for all content settings.
- Exempted P-Limbs from heel effects. They're metal.
- Fixed a bug in rules application to midndbroken slaves.
- Minor menu optimizations.
0.8.6.3 fixesCornCobMan's rules improvements
- Various rules bugfixes and improvements from CornCobMan, including multiple default rulesets when starting a new game.
- Costs Report error.
- Broadly revises the rule system to use multiple rulesets.
- Rebalanced existing mechanics to provide simple penalties to upkeep, beauty, sexual performance, and deadliness for amputees.
- Provided code support for slaves immobilized by hypermassive breasts outside the Dairy, including penalties to upkeep and deadliness.
- Added additional mental effects from immobility due to either amputee status or hypermassive breasts.
- Recoded many existing amputee mechanics to cover all immobilized slaves, including leadership restrictions.
- Eliminated the restriction on removing slaves with hypermassive breasts from the Dairy and eliminated the special surgery to permit removal.
- Growth hormone upgrades are now available in three increasingly expensive tiers which speed expansion.
- Provided an additional rules setting identical to unlimited growth except that it will not grow dicks to nonfunctionality or boobs to immobility.
- Added modern prosthetic limbs, which are provided surgically, allow a normal life, and reduce but not eliminate amputee penalties and costs.
- P-Limbs can be upgraded to focus on either appearance, sex, or combat, completely eliminating the relevant amputee penalty.
- Transformation Fetishist societies approve of artificial limbs.
- Added an alternative future society choice, Multiculturalism, which represents the advantages of letting the arcology's culture develop naturally.
- Multiculturalism does not develop organically: one or more FS choices can be added to it, increasing its effects.
- Multiculturalism provides free reputation and is an extremely powerful driver of arcology prosperity.
- Provided support for new cultural mechanics by defining Pastoralism and Physical Idealism as rival societal models.
- Defined Chattel Religionism and Multiculturalism as rival society models.
- Boosted the threshold for directed cultural influence and reduced its effectiveness.
- Continued optimization work by Bane70.
- Continued pregnancy content improvements by Anon.
- Continued event code consolidation.
The section of the changelog below spoils late game events!
Plot event updates
- The game will attempt to define a leading neighbor arcology as the PC's rival, though this will not be immediately revealed.
- The Daughters of Liberty event chain now features the rival arcology owner as the antagonist if one is active.
- Rival arcologies enjoy minor bonuses to economic efficiency and FS adoption.
- Rival governments will shift to individual rule, and will not experience changes of government.
- Early FS choices will define a primary FS disagreement between the PC and the rival, with the rival always choosing the opposite FS.
- Rivals have a high chance of making further FS selections that disagree with the PC's choices.
- The prosperity of the PC's arcology now factors into victory in the inter-arcology event chain.
- If a rival arcology is active, its prosperity factors into victory in the inter-arcology event chain.
- The game will attempt to generate a minor prior acquaintance of the PC from before they owned the arcology.
- If a prior acquaintance is active, she will appear in the possession of the rival arcology owner, who will use her in psychological warfare against the PC.
- Winning the inter-arcology war will allow the PC to capture the prior acquaintance in addition to the rival arcology owner.