I have no set benchmark for the release of an update. In this case, enough minor content additions, recoding, and bugfixes have accumulated that there's an update's worth. Updates of this kind are going to become more common as FC moves from rapid addition of new mechanics to filling out, improving, and debugging existing mechanics. Unlike updates that added things like corporate management or societal manipulation, 0.5.11 is simply a slightly faster, less buggy, and more complete experience. The latter is what really absorbs an immense amount of my dev time, and fortunately, it's a lot of fun. For example, there are certain comments a slave can now make that the vast majority of players will never see: little touches to make the rare girl that qualifies seem a little more alive.
The core of 0.5.11 is a comprehensive recode of all facilities and most assignments. A contributor reorganized the existing facility code to cut down on the number of loops the game has to run in order to generate facility and assignment reports. The need for me to review this work line by line before including it meant that this was a good time to make balance changes and minor content additions to the facilities, too.
There are several intended behaviours being reported as bugs. Some event options will only appear for appropriate slaves; if you see the same event for different slaves, it's entirely possible that you won't have the same options both times. I try to make this clear when it happens, but in places it would give away undiscovered fetishes to do so.
Download: Dropbox, Mega. Previous saves will not work. If you have not started a new game with a fresh download, please do not report bugs. Latest hotfix, 0.5.11.2, at 1945 PST. Addresses collection facility assignment and report bugs.
- Complete review and recode of all facilities and many assignments. This should reduce end of week lag. Based on coding by bob22smith2000.
- High-reputation event that gives a glimpse into the life of a female arcology owner.
- Three new dilemma events.
- Event for a busy master suite with a concubine, that involves sex with, and calls out, every single slave in the suite.
- Individual event for slaves who hate oral. Written by anon, coded by Boney M.
- Heavily reduced on-the-job skills gains to encourage use of other training methods.
- Comprehensive facility balance changes, generally to reduce (but not eliminate) the advantage of a facility with a good leader over work under the PC's direct supervision.
- Many more possible topics for slaves asked about their feelings.
- Additional options for preexisting events.
- Increased the minimum obedience requirement to work in the collection facility and dairy.
- Eliminated the obedience requirement for amputees to work in the collection facility and dairy.
- Upgrades for the collection facility and dairy which eliminate the obedience requirement for working there.
- More fetish changes in leadership positions, preventable with smart piercings.
- Improved relative recruitment system. Based on coding by Boney M.
- Recruiters' effectiveness is now affected by entertainment skill.
- Improved job-related injury system: some upgrades and skills now give a chance that customers who hurt the girls will have to pay; this system can be affected by certain future society choices.
- Societal slave renaming can be turned off from the new options menu, or can be mass-applied from the future society menu.
- New nationalities: Malians, Tunisians, Jordanians, Lebanese, Emiratis, Omanis, and Libyans.
- Added natural and implanted statuses to main menu slave summaries.
- New encyclopedia entries on requested topics.
- Autosaving can be turned off from the new options menu, accessible from the sidebar.