This is a snap update which I'm releasing for two important reasons.
First, an anonymous contributor has done great work on efficiency and usability. The game runs much faster now, to the point where the game feels significantly different. The improvement is so noticeable that I felt it needed to be made public as soon as possible.
Second, this update makes the most sweeping interface changes since the game was released. Experience has taught me to get interface changes out for public feedback as soon as possible. The UI can be reverted to something approximating its previous layout under Game Options, but please do try out the new setup and let me know what you think. The new interface is in an early state, but as should become obvious as soon as you see it, it'll allow the game to mature in ways that wouldn't otherwise be possible.
Saves from previous versions are incompatible, but 0.6+ saves are eligible for New Game Plus.
Latest version save compatible
Artpacks please download and use the latest .html above
- Addressed a facility assignment issue that could duplicate slaves.
- Fixed sector decommissioning.
- Individual slaves' drug links should no longer become unclickable in certain cases.
- Other minor bugfixes.
- Randomly generated slaves will now occasionally have hair that is not brown.
- Fixed several bugs with the penthouse area of the new interface.
- The immediate sale links should now work for all random recruit events.
- Slaves in the Cellblock will no longer appear as eligible to be sent to the Cellblock.
- Addressed many other minor issues without major gameplay impacts.
- Created a new table-based arcology interface divided into levels and sectors, to consolidate old mechanics and offer new planning decisions.
- Integrated the existing arcology share mechanic into the new sector manager by tying arcology share to ownership of sectors.
- Each level of the arcology has a default facility, hosting tenants; these create rent as previously.
- Provided two mutually exclusive upgrades to sectors in the three apartment levels, as a prototype of planned sector upgrades.
- Updated the demographic and prosperity mechanics to interact with the upgrades to the apartment sectors.
- Eliminated separate privately owned menial and sex slave tracking from arcology demographics as an unnecessary complication for the new mechanics.
- Productive facilities (the Brothel, Club, Arcade, Dairy, and Pit) must now be constructed on the appropriate level of the arcology, displacing the default tenants.
- All other facilities are now included in the PC's extended penthouse sector, meaning that constructing them has no new opportunity cost.
- The limit on menial slaves is now raised by building pens on the service level rather than by buying the generic arcology upgrades.
- Removed several generic arcology upgrades that have been superseded by sector mechanics.
- Integrated a massive set of efficiency and usability improvements contributed by Anon.
- Public sexual assignments should honor chastity belts with respect to sex act logging.
- Added four new random recruits, by Anon.