This update provides a couple of examples of the way I often decide what to work on next. Sometimes there's an overall plan, but often I'll look to address a minor deficiency in the game and realize that the best way to do so thematically or for gameplay purposes is to add something new. This update adds slave retirement, and since it was necessary to give slaves some sort of existence after the various retirement options, there's also a new mechanic that allows the player to buy, sell, and own menial slaves. Similarly, some PC customization options were underpowered, so this update makes it possible for the PC to fail to detect gingering, and offers the weak customizations an advantage at detection.
The retirement system is probably going to frustrate some players. It's unforgiving by nature: at a specified moment, a slave that the player may have devoted considerable effort to vanishes from the game for most purposes. Nevertheless, I decided to add it after many requests, and because I think the game is improved by making slaves seem more lifelike. But, like other potentially obnoxious systems, it can now be toggled off.
This update also includes the game's first optional, toggleable mod. It's a lategame upgrade that provides a rowdy bunch of mercenaries commanded by a delightful individual who reminds me of a violent, rapey, coked-out Colonel Santiago. This is an optional, opt-in modification, since despite fitting into the FC world quite well, it may become non-canon at some point, and it involves a static character to a degree I'm avoiding in the base game.
Download: Dropbox, Mega. Saves from previous versions are incompatible, but 0.7+ saves are eligible for New Game Plus. Latest hotfix is 0.7.10.2 (1800 PST July 27), completely save compatible.
- Slave generation error for mindbroken slaves in the Shelter
- Improper crossover between outcomes of the strip club closing event
- Bad makeup descriptions
- Incorrect encyclopedia entries
- Minor Rules Assistant issues.
- Corrected kitchen upgrade effects on shrinkage.
- Industrial Dairies will no longer give mindbroken slaves mental flaws.
- Schoolteachers will now get their correct career bonuses.
- Patched several potential slave removal issues.
- Marriage between the PC and slaves is now unlocked by the correct policy (was Good Treatment).
- Bodyguards should no longer fall in love with themselves.
- Inappropriate facility assignment UI lockouts.
- Bad makeup and nail descriptions.
- Several minor virginity bugs.
- Minor event text issues.
- Bug in personal training.
- Security Force Mod, an optional, toggleable lategame upgrade by anon1888.
- Seven new generic recruitment events by Wahn.
- Three varieties of offscreen labor slaves can now be purchased in the slave markets.
- Menial slaves are straightforward, cheap assets that will produce a small amount of income.
- Fuckdolls are more expensive, produce more income, receive a bonus from the Degradationist Arcade policy, and cannot be purchased under Paternalism.
- Standard Bioreactors are cheaper, produce less income, receive a bonus from the Pastoralist products policy, and cannot be purchased under Paternalism.
- A small number of menial slaves will occasionally be added to the PC's holdings as refugees arrive at the arcology.
- Arcades with the Fuckdoll upgrade will no longer automatically sell Fuckdolls, which will instead be added to the PC's holdings.
- Menial slaves can be converted into Fuckdolls or Bioreactors if the appropriate facilities and facility upgrades are installed.
- The terrain in which the arcology is located can now be specified, with impacts on prosperity, cultural development, slave market economics, and refugee arrivals.
- Cleaned up and generally improved the slave markets, with new descriptions and better slave generation code.
- Revised some existing text so that the PC is now described as physically visiting the arcology's slave markets.
- Added a runaway slave catchers section of the markets, selling skilled but rebellious slaves.
- Added a daredevil slave raiders section of the markets, selling slaves who have just reached their majorities.
- It is now possible for the PC to fail to detect gingering unless he or she has the Slaver background.
- The Mercenary background and Use of Force rumor both offer an extra chance to detect gingering through intimidation; these stack.
- Added four new varieties of gingering for a total of seven.
- Slaves that reach a customizable retirement age will now retire and be removed from gameplay.
- There are four different types of retirement, which are enacted through policies.
- Slaves' value at sale will begin to decrease once they age to within five years of retirement.
- Slaves will experience anticipation, positive or negative, once they age to within five years of retirement.
- Retirees will become citizens, Fuckdolls, standard bioreactors, or menial slaves depending on retirement policy.
- Retiring a slave will affect your other slaves mentally, with varying effects depending on the retirement and any relationships.
- Marriage between slaveowners and slaves is now a standalone policy which damages reputation; advanced Paternalism will prevent this malus.
- Added other new policies, for a total of 70.
- Added line separations to most slave lists: the old list style can be reenabled under summary options.
- Added a toggle at game start to disable slave aging and remove all aging-related content: unlike other toggles it cannot be changed during a playthrough.
- Mindbroken option added to starting slave customization.
- Added a new career experience category for the Bodyguard.
- Increased healing in the Clinic and applied the curative upgrade to slaves in the Clinic if present.
- Lurchers with huge clits will now use them properly when successfully coursing.
- Heavy lactation will now have additional long term effects on nipples.
- Applied a hard floor of ¤1000 to slave valuation to prevent some policy exploits.
- Size queens will now enjoy being stretched out by huge plugs and dildoes.
- Additions to the encyclopedia.