The streak of daily and near-daily updates has come to an end. I know I said that before and then proceeded to update like a fiend, but I do mean it this time.
This update adds an opportunity to enslave another arcology owner, as has been repeatedly requested. I'm not completely satisfied with the result, but I ran hard up against coding limitations for this one. The code actually uses the player's chosen XX/XY balance to take a stab at generating an arcology owner that the player will find appealing.
There is a new minor devotion bonus for health when not on curatives that only really makes sense when described in combination with the devotion effects curatives received with 0.4.7. The cumulative effect is that slaves will always get a health-related devotion improvement if they are either on curatives, or very healthy. Curatives are expensive and rare, so slaves will either be happy they're getting the good stuff, or happy they're so healthy. Understand that health 0 (yellow health) is about where the average first world person is today. At some point I'll elaborate on this, but well-treated FC slaves are often much, much healthier than we are. They get perfect nutrition, exercise, and medical care, and are not allowed to indulge in any unhealthful bad habits.
In the few days since 0.4.7 was posted it's received well over 100 comments. I've read every single one; rest assured, your suggestions have been taken into consideration, your bug reports reviewed (and hopefully addressed), and your submissions logged for inclusion. With so many great suggestions, there's simply no way I can include them all.
Ongoing submission information: If you've got a unique slave you'd like to see in game, don't forget to submit her here using the easy to use in game upload system. If you'd like to see a country added, comment with the 20-50 top female names for that country, formatted like so: "Annisa", "Sarah", "Maria". If said country's population is split between major super-national ethnic groups (Caucasian/Black, for example, rather than Pashtun/Tajik), give me the breakdown.
Download: Dropbox, Mega. Previous saves may work, but if you have not started a new game with a fresh 0.4.8 download, please do not report bugs.
- Four events depicting the aftermath of the attack on the PC's arcology by the Daughters of Liberty.
- Four new slave schools to go with the one already in-game. Two each of the new schools specialize in XX and XY slaves, so all five will only be visible with both XX and XY slaves enabled.
- Doubled the reputation cap and reputation description requirements to prepare for future late game content. Unlocks still happen at the same reputation numbers.
- Starting option to hide descriptions of nationality.
- Added small devotion gains at high health and losses at low health when not on curatives.
- More efficient random event logic that should decrease event loading times on slower systems.
- Mercenary upkeep is now visible on the arcology management screen.