As I've mentioned several times over the course of 0.7+, I intend to use major version numbers like 0.8 to designate breaks in save eligibility for New Game Plus. This update makes some changes to slave stats that would have required some significant coding to import, so previous saves are not eligible for New Game Plus, and this update gets a major version number. The version number does not imply that this update is larger or smaller than usual in terms of the work that has gone into it.
What this update does do is give slaves' faces some long-overdue attention. Faces can now be extremely ugly and extremely beautiful. I felt that perfect facial attractiveness was too easily attainable and too common: this change addresses that by providing another level of beauty that few slaves will present naturally. This is an intentional buff to pro-surgery arcologies: a stable of perfect faces is now difficult to maintain without surgical intervention.
In addition to a broadened attractiveness stat, faces now have one of six shapes (cute, sensual, exotic, androgynous, masculine, and normal). Though I expect there will be mixed feelings on this, face shapes do present another challenge to complete feminization. They also provide further distinctiveness between slave schools. The Futanari Sisters come off best out of this; their practices make them a unique source of slaves with both highly feminine face shapes and large dicks.
This update also expands the stats that govern slaves' intelligence, height, and teeth. As with previous mechanical updates, the content for slaves at the extremes of the new possibilities is thin. I intend to spend some time over the next updates giving geniuses, imbeciles, and slaves with braces (among others) the attention they deserve.
Download: Dropbox, Mega. Saves from previous versions are incompatible, but 0.8+ saves are eligible for New Game Plus. Latest hotfix is 0.8.0.2 (1340 PST August 9), completely save compatible.
- Fixed a bug that was massively inflating the impact of height on attractiveness
- Fixed the manual retirement setter link
- Removed some misleading recruitment event costs as an interim measure
- Corrected several obsolete heights for event-generated slaves
- Corrected several obsolete height descriptions
- Bad variable limiters on custom retirement milestones
Facial stat expansions
- Added six different facial shapes, with various Future Society compliant impacts on attractiveness.
- Facial shape can change naturally as part of many existing effects on facial attractiveness, including drugs, hormones and more.
- Broadened the range of facial attractiveness to include new extremes of ugliness and beauty.
- Reworked random slave generation to make extreme facial outcomes less likely: most slaves should look pretty average.
- Added support for the new facial variations to starting slave customization.
- Updated facial surgical options to allow but not require changes of facial shape when applying facial surgery.
- Grandularized height into centimeters and reworked height generation to follow a rough bell curve.
- Extreme hormonal balances can produce slight height gains or losses in younger slaves.
- Description of height in centimeters can be suppressed in the description options menu.
- Broadened the range of intelligence to include new extremes of brilliance and stupidity.
- Geniuses are extremely rare by design: the most reliable source of them is the starting slaves.
- Rebalanced the price premium for slave education to reflect the ease of educating smart slaves and the difficulty of teaching idiots.
- Made crooked teeth possible, with slaves from educated backgrounds and more developed countries being less likely to have them.
- Added braces to fix crooked teeth, which can also be applied to straight teeth if the player so desires.
- Updated the Rules Assistant to support various orthodontic regimes.
- Added reliable assignment-based checks for Emotional Slut (public service) and Emotionally Bonded (fucktoy duty).
- Expanded the citizen retirement text.
- Added a scanner upgrade to the Clinic that provides an estimate of slaves' chem damage.
- Lowered both the floor below which Clinic filters can no longer remove chem damage and the associated damage requirement for Clinic admission.
- Rebalanced some of the worst Reputation exploits: the most absurd was a prestigious Concubine to whom the player was married.
- Prevented several nonsensical combinations of characteristics for randomly generated slaves.
- Made the Encyclopedia accessible during the introduction.
- Encyclopedia additions, including a full list of the new facial effects, for a total of 225 encyclopedia entries.