I finally implemented a completely different way of coding relationships. It uses the new ID number system and is adaptable, meaning that new relationship types are now possible. Friendships, rivalries and romantic relationships between slaves are all on the horizon.
The code is also being cleaned up to prepare for the future of this game world.
I did not have the time to playtest this patch much, so I will leave the previous version up in case this one is totally broken.
Updates and fixes:
- Totally new relationship content system. Should be much less buggy (or at least differently buggy).
- New slave merchant, who uses the new relationship system to generate mother/daughter, sibling, and twin pairs, sold at a big markup.
- New quirks, including dislike for various sex acts and new scenes that fix them.
- New personal assistant help function, accessible from the main menu: this checks all your slaves and applies obvious rule refinements to them if and only if you tell it to. Eventually I should evolve this into a customizable default rules function, but for now it basically applies what I think are the 'best' settings. I had this as a tool for my debug runs and realized there was no reason to keep it to myself.
- Cheat mode now always comes with the same slave, who is expressly designed to be a very powerful head girl.
- If you don't like the nicknames, you can now tell your slaves to knock it off.
- Many content improvements. Special mention goes out to AmputeeLover, who did a top-to-bottom test of amputee content and submitted great feedback on it.
- Many random events that focus on fetishes will now only appear if a slave's fetish is known to the PC.
- Fixes for many reported bugs.
According to Twine's story statistics, word count is now greater than Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.